Flies around you sound very irritating. They can disturb you as well as make the things, especially food or fruits look less tidy when they are roaming around them. Especially in summer, they become more active.
If you have plants at home or near you, the mess you have to face is created by these little insects. It isn’t easy to get rid of them but using a proper method would help.
There are many available methods to get rid of the flies but the easiest and cheapest method is using dish soaps to get rid of these flies. Wondering how? Two words, Dish and Soap! Let me tell you in detail so that it would become easier for you to get rid of these tiny creatures.
Does Dishsoap Kill Flies?
A dish shop is the safest way to kill flies. You can either use a dish soap mixed with anti-bacterial and spray it on flies or mix dish soap with apple vinegar which will attract the flies and once getting a taste or two, those flies will drop dead one by one.
What Is a Dish Soap?
Dish soap or a dish detergent is a liquid having a foamy consistency and chemicals which are required to clean the kitchen utensils such as crockery or other similar items.
It is used in almost every house for cleaning purposes and is present at every kitchen sink. It is used for hand washing the dishes or crockery and contains those chemicals which are less or non damaging to the skin. It can be used as a liquid or solid depending upon the preference of the user.
What Is a Dish Soap Made Of?
Normally, a dish soap is mainly made up of
- Active Detergent
- Essential oils
Can Dish Soap Be Used As An Insecticide?
Dish soap can be used as a great insecticide, especially for flies. It is because it has surfactants present in it, which means that it contains the materials which reduce the tension between the liquids. It makes the flies fall and kills them easily.
Using them even in a small percentage of dish soap or dishwashing liquid can be an easy cheap and homemade insecticide spray to get rid of flies or other insects.
How To Make Dish Soap Insect Repellent?
Here are some steps to follow in order to make an insect repellent dish soap mixture,
- Pour dish soap into water. The ratio should be 3:1.
- Mix well such that it becomes a soapy mixture.
- Pour into a spray bottle.
- Spray over the counter tops and on flies.
It is the most instant insect repellent or insecticide that can be made at home just by adding some amount of dish soap into the water and mixing them very well.
Note: Adding a little amount of vinegar would be a plus point but if you don’t add the vinegar, it would be fine as the dish soap already has vinegar in it.
It is to be noted that water should be more in quantity as compared to the dish soap and only a little percentage of dish soap such as 2 or 3 percent of it would be enough to be added to the mixture.
Advantages Of Using Dish Soap As An Insect Killer?
There are many benefits of using dish soap as an insect repellent but some are here:
- It easy to use
- It can be made at home
- It is always available
- It doesn’t need many ingredients
- It is inexpensive
- It is safer to use if proper precautions are taken
- It makes it easier to get rid of flies
Does The Dish Soap Work Better With Vinegar?
The dish soap works excellent when mixed with vinegar. This duo is perfect to kill insects.
The combination of dish soap and vinegar is very effective for this purpose and there are various reasons for it.
- Firstly, both vinegar and dish soap work best at decomposing powerful dirt. However, vinegar alone can clean the dirt from most surfaces by washing them with the vinegar because of its thinner consistency, while dish soap is too thick to be used as a spray.
- When we combine them, it results in becoming a beneficial, sprayable cleaner that sticks to any surface. All we need to do for it is to just spray it on, let it rest on the surface , scrub it lightly and then rinse it with the water and whatever you are washing, it would lean on well.
- When you mix them and make a spray to keep the flies away from you, it would be just perfect. Just spray it on the surface where the flies are making trouble and you’ll get rid of them.
Can We Mix Apple Cider Vinegar With The Dishwasher?
Any type of vinegar can be used with dish soap to make it an insect repellent. Apple cider vinegar has a sharp fragrance that attracts flies or insects. If we mix it with dish soap or dish detergent, it can be very effective.
The smell of the apple cider vinegar works best to attract the flies and the dish soap to trap them. The mixture of apple vinegar with dish soap is best to get rid of flies easily and without spending much time and money.
Does Cayenne Pepper And Dish Soap Solution Kill Flies?
Another way which you can use to get rid of the flies is by using cayenne pepper. Did you know that flies can’t stand heat and spices? Here’s how you can make a poisonous mixture that would get rid of those pesky little things,
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add 3 teaspoons of dish soap.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- Mix well and spray on to the flies.
This will literally kill them in 5 minutes. You could grind or chop up the cayenne peppers and use them as they are considered more repellent and effective.
The dish soap does kill the flies but you should keep other harmful effects while using it. Use the appropriate concentrations of dish soap while using it as an insecticide and be sure that it is safer for your hands and skin. Take the necessary precautions and use it properly.